Week 1 Questions

Topic 1: I attended LBCC to pursue my career in psychology as well as playing collegiate volleyball. I have a huge interest in the psych field because having an understanding of how our brain works and why/how people do things interest me. My career goal is to obtain my bachelors in psychology and possibly continue my volleyball career. I am most interested in how people get media famous or the things that attract or pull people in. It interests me where our main focus and what we think is more important in our society. I am very passionate about lifting weights and the foods that I put into my body. I just think it's important for me to fuel my body with foods that will benefit me and help me maintain a healthy lifestyle. Although it can be exhausting I know it will be worth it as I age.
Topic 2: The three main sources that I would consider main sources of information would be fox 12 new, facebook, and Podcasts. For me personally on social media, it is hard for me to always believe the posts that some people portray online. I tend to find a lot false because I feel like people are always trying to alter our perceptions of things. Fox 12 I feel as it still could be incorrect or very bias opinions, overall I think podcasts for me would be my most reliable source for accurate information, especially listening to Ted talks and stuff like that. With everything that I have obtained about the fake news, I believe that it is hard to come by legitimate information and our ecosystem should be scared. Especially with how and what we do with the information. We should do more research rather than be reading one article and believe every word someone says, that way we ensure the information is correect. Stephanie Busari states at this day in age, we are all publishers, and what we do with this is our responsibility. That being said being aware of what people motives are with the information they are sharing, asking tougher questions and thinking about the real-life information that we are sharing. Taking a step back and interpreting what you are doing at that moment. I think personally being hyper-aware of who, what when, where, and most important why someone is doing something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5

Week 8