Week 8

Topic 1: After taking a look a the list of banned books on the ALA list I saw many that I have read before but what caught my eye was The Great Gatsby and To Kill a Mockingbird. In my own personal opinion, these are both great books with interesting outcomes and morals to the story. In To Kill a Mockingbird the story revolves around a case that remained unsolved and showed the true injustice of our federal court system all due to the fact of the skin color of a human. Now we also have the Great Gatsby a great story that shows you reality behind many things and it proves to you that not everything and everyone is what you think. Keeping students away from books like these at a young age isn't the best option in my opinion, for if you analyze history and facts it is better to expose our children to these books, therefore they learn at a young age how the world works and how they can change it, which could potentially lead to reducing bullying in schools due to racial comments. Despite my own personal opinion, I do on the other hand understand the concerns of many people who fear to expose their children to such books, for they are afraid that they are too young to take information like this in and process it correctly. Many of the books that you would most likely find on my bookshelf would be books written by J.K. Rowling such as Harry Potter. Many may view these books as books meant for younger people but I really love reading these books, for the author does a great job in connecting with the reader and allowing you to really feel the mystery, suspense, and imagination which are the types of books that make me feel the passion of reading.

Topic 2: Vogue, Fitness, and Healthy Food Magazines is what catches my eye. Usually when I go to the doctors or the dentist ill pick up ones that consist of healthy eating or fitness because that's what my hobbies consist of and it keeps me entertained and draws me in. I like for new foods to eat or healthy desserts for my sweet tooth. Things that are good to put in my body and also getting work out ideas and not just sticking to the same thing over and over. Just venturing out. Obviously, they display foods that look good. People who are in good shape and look healthy are usually on the cover and they talk in a really positive way. They do this probably because if I were to eat those foods or do that work out I could look like that. They want you to look at someone and strive to look that way if you do what the are advertising.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5

Media Blog project