Week 6

Topic 1: My news sources consist of social media platforms most of all, but there is always a thought in the back of my head asking if the source is reliable. People can put a lot of false things and put inaccurate information in our heads. Another way is word of mouth and listening to the people around me and what they say. Most stuff that I am learning now about the world is in class. That is when I think its mostly a reliable source because I feel as if most of the time my teachers are unbiased. I am a busy person that doesn't have time to necessarily keep up with the news. Most of the time I see news information on social media and I know that its a fifty-fifty on being reliable and credible. I don't subscribe to or follow any political publications paywalls. I don't see why at this age and lifestyle I would. I think I would rate myself a two on this scale. In certain areas of news, I am more informed than others. I really only pay attention to sports and what I "need" to know as a US citizen. Being well informed is a good thing, I just think that with how society is today my kids my age don't need to know as much as our peers.

Topic 2: Honestly, I've never been a Trump fan. I do think everyone has a right to speak their side about something but when so many things go on like this it's hard to decipher what could be wrong or right. I am not into politics, I would say that is something I'm not very educated about. I think the press could possibly make some of his words to make him look worse or twist things and they have given him a bad reputation but some of the words he says on social platforms can make it hard to believe that is it just the press making him look bad. I think taking away free press is a horrible idea. It gives people a voice and advocates new things and can educate people on numerous things. It's important for people to keep learning and getting rid of the free press would limit those things a lot. I think we are strengthened when we can voice our opinions and share our knowledge with other people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5

Week 8

Media Blog project